Friday, November 2, 2007

Word of The Day: Amy Sol

I seriously cannot say enough about this woman's work.
I looooooooooooooove her work.
Amy Sol's paintings are infinitely inspiring and wonderful to look at.
Another great artist? Malia, the woman currently tattooing Amy Sol's work on my back, thats how much I love them both.

So I emailed Amy pics of the tattoo's progress and here is what she wrote back...to me...AMY SOL'S EMAIL TO ME.....

omg! wooow, it is breathtaking and the arrangement is beautiful!!
thank you so much for sending the pictures. im truly delighted to see how beautiful it is, your tattoo artist really put it together amazingly.
i really love it ^_^ !! its cool to see someone doing a unique style of tattoo like this. i am so honored that you choose my work as inspiration.
look forward to seeing it come along ! - amy


I love this woman.

Check both of these fantastic ladies out, they are both, for lack of a better word, awesome. And you will be awesome just by looking at their work.

If you too would like some amazing art permanently etched into your skin for all eternity Malia can be found at Ink & Dagger Tattoo in Decatur, ga. They have other great, great artists, but for obvious reasons, she's my favorite.

If you would like amazing art for your walls at home Amy Sol can be found in Las Vegas, although I'm not sure of the specifics because I limit myself to stalking online, not in person.

Here are pics of the outline so far...images with some shading will soon be posted as well. Enjoy!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Love it!!!!! I want a new tattoo ... but so many reasons for me NOT to get one. Ugh.

gingerlovesart* said...

Yeah it took me a while, 6 years to be exact, to decide on this one. And now I have like 3 more that I want. The flood gates have been opened.

Anonymous said...

HAHA. I have a feeling that will happen for me as well. I just keep telling myself NO for right now.

Anonymous said...

ooh Do you have any pictures of the finished tattoo?
I'm jealous, I've been thinking about getting one of her works as a tattoo myself, but wasn't sure where to find a tattoo artist that I'd trust to pull it off.

gingerlovesart* said...

Here you go Kristi! http://gingerlovesart.blogspot.com/2008/06/tattoo-updates-and-new-stuff.html I love Amy's work so much and couldn't think of a better idea for permanent art. Thanks for your comment as well!! :)

Unknown said...

Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past. See the link below for more info.

#tattoo
www.ufgop.org

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...